THE GINGERBREAD COOKIES MURDER by Joanne Fluke – To be Discussed Wed Nov. 1, 2017, at Geneseo Public Library
When Hannah Swensen finds her neighbor Ernie Kusak with his head bashed in and sprawled on the floor of his condo next to an upended box of Hannah’s Gingerbread Cookies, she discovers a flurry of murder suspects that’s as long as her holiday shopping list. “The Dangers Of Gingerbread Cookies” is written by Laura Levine. Jaine Austen has been enlisted to help with her parents’ retirement community’s play The Gingerbread Cookie That Saved Christmas. Playboy Dr. Preston McCay is playing the role of the gingerbread cookie when he ‘accidentally’ falls to his death during the final act. Now Jaine must figure out if one of the doctor’s jealous lovers was capable of murder. “Gingerbread Cookies And Gunshots” is written by Leslie Meier. When Lucy Stone discovers the body of Rick Juergens, whose five-year-old son Nemo disappeared, she senses foul play. Crumbs from a gingerbread cookie Lucy gave to Nemo are found in the back seat of Rick’s car. With the hours quickly ticking till Christmas, Lucy races against the clock to find a killer before he strikes again.
1. Did you like /dislike this book? Why?
2. Which character did you like the most and why? The least and why?
3. Are there any situations you can identify with? Which one?
4. Did you learn something you did not know before?
5. Did this story evoke emotions for you?
6. Name your favorite thing about this book?
7. What you would change in this story?
8. Did you like the writer’s style?